Critically acclaimed, award-winning composer Matthew Reid has an impressive background. For ten years he created and performed his eclectic scores live for The Second City-Toronto, resulting in many award-winning reviews. Matthew's instrumental songs have been performed by the esteemed Toronto Symphony Orchestra and as a compliment can be heard with the top orchestras for the North America 2016/2017 season. Matthew composes and licenses his music for film, television, games, web series, art galleries, museum exhibits and pyrotechnic events.
Matthew Reid has composed music for theatrical productions for over ten years, and here is what the critics are saying:
- "… truly delectable score by Matthew Reid"- Richard Ouzounian TORONTO STAR
- “Matthew Reid adds texture and oomph to scenes with some well-placed notes”- Glenn Sumi NOW
- “Matthew Reid is the master of music”- Paula Citron CLASSICAL 96.3 FM
- "Nicely fitting musical accompaniment"- Brad Wheeler GLOBE AND MAIL
- "Matt Reid’s improvised musical background never misses the mark”- John Terauds TORONTO STAR
- "... if you are film producer and / or you are looking for some background music for one of Shakespeare's plays or something similar, well look no further." - Peter Massey GREEN MAN REVIEW