1. Why Tune Society collects personal information. Tune Society collects personal information because it helps it deliver a superior level of customer service. It enables Tune Society to give you convenient access to its products and services. In addition, your personal information helps Tune Society keep you posted on the latest announcements, software updates, special offers and events that may interest you. If you do not want Tune Society to contact you with news, software updates and the latest information on products and services, please update your personal contact information and preferences with Tune Society.
2. What information Tune Society collects and how it may use such information. There are a number of situations in which your personal information may help Tune Society give you better service. For example:
1. Tune Society may request personal information when discussing a service issue with an associate, downloading a software update, registering for the Service or purchasing a product.
2. Tune Society may collect personal information relevant to a support or service issue, such as your name, mailing address, phone number, email address, contact preferences, credit card information and information about Tune Society ’s products and services, such as order numbers and dates of purchase.
3. Tune Society may collect information for market research purposes – such as your occupation and where you use your computer – to gain a better understanding of Tune Society customers and provide more valuable service.
4. Tune Society collects information regarding activities on the Service. This helps Tune Society determine how best to provide useful information to customers and to understand which parts of the Service and products are of most interest to them.
5. Tune Society may use personal information to provide products that you have requested as well as for auditing, research and analysis to improve Tune Society’s products and services.
3. Publicly displayed information. If you use a bulletin board or chat room on the Service, you should be aware that any information you share is visible to other users. Personally identifiable information you submit to one of these forums can be read, collected, or used by other individuals to send you unsolicited messages. Tune Society is not responsible for the personally identifiable information you choose to submit in these forums.
4. When Tune Society discloses personal information. Tune Society does not sell or rent your contact information to other marketers. However, to help Tune Society provide superior service, your personal information may be shared with legal entities associated with Tune Society who will take steps to safeguard it in accordance with this Policy. There are also times when it may be advantageous for Tune Society to make certain personal information about you available to companies with which Tune Society has a strategic relationship or that perform work for Tune Society to provide products and services to you on Tune Society ’s behalf. These companies may help Tune Society process information, extend credit, fulfill orders, deliver products, manage and enhance customer data, provide customer service, assess your interest in products and services, or conduct customer research or satisfaction surveys. These companies are also obliged to protect your personal information in accordance with this Policy. In addition, there are times when Tune Society may be required by law or litigation to disclose your personal information. Tune Society may also disclose information about you if it determines that, for national security, law enforcement, or other issues of public importance, disclosure is necessary.
5. How Tune Society protects personal information. Tune Society takes various precautions to safeguard your personal information against loss, theft, misuse, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. The Service use encryption on all web pages where personal information is required. Such encryption protects the confidentiality of your personal and credit card information while it ’s transferred over the Internet. You can help Tune Society by also taking precautions to protect your personal data when you are on the Internet. Change your passwords often using a combination of letters and numbers, and make sure you use a secure web browser.
6. Cookies and other technologies.
2. As is true of most websites, Tune Society gathers certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp and clickstream data. Tune Society uses this information, which does not identify individual users, to analyze trends, to administer the Service, to track users’ movements around the Service and to gather demographic information about users as a whole. Tune Society will not use the information collected to market directly to that person.
3. In some email messages, Tune Society uses a “click-through URL ” linked to content on the Service. Tune Society tracks this click-through data to help us determine interest in particular topics and measure the effectiveness of customer communications. If you prefer not to be tracked, simply avoid clicking text or graphic links in the email.
4. Tune Society uses pixel tags – tiny graphic images – to track what parts of the Service customers have visited or to measure the effectiveness of searches customers perform on the Service. In addition, pixel tags enable Tune Society to send email messages in a format customers can read and to determine whether emails have been opened to ensure that Tune Society is only sending messages that are of interest to its customers.
7. Commitment to privacy. To make sure that your personal information is secure, Tune Society communicates this Policy to Tune Society employees and strictly enforce privacy safeguards within the company.
8. Third party websites. The Service has links to the sites of other companies. Tune Society is not responsible for the privacy practices of such companies. Tune Society encourages you to learn about the privacy policies of those companies.
9. Privacy questions. If you have questions or concerns about this Policy or Tune Society ’s data processing, please contact Tune Society.
10. Updates to this Policy. Tune Society may update this Policy from time to time. When the Policy is changed in a material way, a notice will be posted on the Service along with the updated Policy.
#193945 v1 csp